How to Read And Understand Your Rental Statement
Statement Type: Details
1. Opening Balance: The amount brought forward from last month. In most cases this is
$0.00 but sometimes money may have been held back for some reason i.e to pay an
2. Income: Shows the date of the transaction, what type of transaction i.e rent, who paid it
in, what period it covers, the internal transaction number, the receipt reference, the
amount paid and then the breakdown of the management fee and GST amounts.
3. Expenses: Shows the date of the transactions, what type of transaction i.e fees or invoice,
details of the expense, the internal transaction number, the payment reference, the amount
of the expense, then the fee breakdown and GST.
4. Keep Back: This will only show if your Property Manager has needed to keep back some
money to pay an upcoming expense.
5. Credited to Your Account: This shows how much money has been physically paid out to
The first column shows the total of income – expenses for the month
The second and third columns minus the total fees and GST amounts
The third column is the total of the first column less column 2 & 3 and becomes
the amount that will be paid out to you.
Click here to to find out how to read your statement